Thursday, November 30, 2017

Goodbye To November 11/30/2017

Good Morning,

I will be running out of the door in a hurry this morning. My Door County Dublin's Delight Coffee with be in one hand and an orange or apple in the other. I haven't decided which one and either choice is a good one.



I was reflecting on the month of November and the many Novembers I have experienced. When I was a kid November always was the month to head North ad deer hunt. It was always partnered with visits to my grandparents and huge dinners with our relatives. It usually meant that we would see snow. Later in my teens it still meant we would deer hunt, but high school football was just ending.

As I grew older I still deer hunted but duck hunting seemed to be the way I was bent toward and eventually it won out . A few years ago I quit deer hunting to spend more time with my dog on the water.

Over the years not much has changed in my Novembers. You could say that as far as November goes my life is pretty much static. You might ask, "what does that have to do with a daily devotional?" That is a good question. In my Novembers I did not walk on the moon. Peter is still the only one who walked on water. I did not find a cure for any raging diseases. I did nothing to cause the whole world to be a peace. I did not invent anything that would make the world a better place. I do however get my snow removal equipment ready every year in November and plan a December vacation.

But here it comes. I am content with my life even though some might call it boring. Contentment is a blessing in itself. I don't find myself saying " I wish. We should have.  Why didn't we? Or, only if?"
Those phrases are not the language of a content man.

Philippians 4:12-13New International Version (NIV)
12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

So, learn to be content and with contentment comes peace.


Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment