Sunday, November 19, 2017

November Blessings And A Harvest 11/19/2017

Good Afternoon,

My Door County Wisconsin Harvest Blend Coffee is ancient history now. I was out of bed and gone long before daylight and did not have internet access on the river where I hunted with my sidekick /nephew Nick and our trusty Springer Spaniel Gibbs.



For us hunting is a sport, but yet what we shoot and harvest always ends up on the dinner table. One of the keys to us being able to hunt is that we always remember to pray before we start. Our prayer is always for safety, our families and God's will to be done whether we shoot anything or not. There are plenty of times when we go out and the wild game does not come home with us to be eaten at a later date. But I always believe that I have harvested and was successful even when the game bag is empty.

Here is how that works out. I harvested time in prayer with God. I harvested good coffee and the occasional cookie or donut. I harvested spending time with our dog and seeing him sit with anticipation, waiting for game to come our way and then spring into action, retrieving the game for us. I harvested time spent with my friends and family, who I love and respect. So when we do get blessed with a duck or a goose I have already received a blessing just by being there. I watched my nephew shoot a duck today and I let my mind go back to the first time he hunted with me. He was just a tike and we ate gummy bears, I had to hold him when he tried shooting a shot gun and he peed on my duck calls because they hung too low on a five year old kid. That is just one memory I have harvested.

Luke 6:38New International Version (NIV)
38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

The days are getting long in my life now and I can't hunt as vigorously as I used to, but as long as I can breathe and somewhat walk you will find me seeking these November blessings.


Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment