Monday, November 6, 2017

Turn Back The Clocks. But I Can't 11/6/2017

Good Morning,

My cup of Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee just seems to be wasted on me this morning. I can smell and taste it, but the desire within to enjoy it, is null and void.

This morning I find myself listening to the news and they are rehashing and giving updates on the mass shooting in Texas that happened yesterday. Once again many in this nation are numb and bewildered as to why anyone would want to attack people in their church.

My hometown suffered the same tragedy a few years ago when a man filled with hatred opened fire at a church. The officials will piece this thing together and fill everyone in and we will have some knowledge as to why. But any answers will not stop the agony of the little Texas community. I wish we could turn back the clocks and start Sunday all over with the knowledge of what we know now. But that is not possible.



I saw other churches reaching out to the Baptist church that was riddled with bullets and disaster. I know that our church is praying already, but we will get down to it with a group of men on Tuesday night. God will step in and will use other churches to administer love and care. The love of Jesus will show loud and clear.

There are two Bible verses I go to when things just don't make sense and I need to know that God cares and loves me. I have to be truthful, I went to them before I shared them with you.

Zephaniah 3:17English Standard Version (ESV)
17 The Lord your God is in your midst,
    a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
    he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing.
 
 1 Peter 5:10Living Bible (TLB)
10 After you have suffered a little while, our God, who is full of kindness through Christ, will give you his eternal glory. He personally will come and pick you up, and set you firmly in place, and make you stronger than ever.

My prayers are with those in Texas who are grieving. We grieve with you. You are not alone.
It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if Jesus came back today.

Amen,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment