Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Taking Aim At The Trophy 11/29/2017

Good Morning,

Day three at school today. I am truly getting educated on a subject that I thought I knew very well. I find that I do not know it well enough. Big exam tomorrow, so tonight will be spent studying. I welcome a cup of Door County Maple Coffee to my day.



Duck hunting has been pretty good lately and I sure have had a good time out in the field and on the water with my nephew, a few friends and our dog Gibbs. Hunting ducks isn't always as easy as one would like to think it is. Your goal is always to try and come home with something for the stew pot. In order to do that you need to get up early and become sleep depraved. Then you need to hit the water either by walking or traveling in a boat. Then after you set out a few dozen duck decoys, pray and pour a cup of coffee you are ready to shoot ducks, if you remembered to load your gun.

Once the ducks fly near your decoys at the speed of sound you need to concentrate, aim your shot gun, breathe, and then pull the trigger. If your aim was right on, a duck or two falls into the water giving your dog a reason  to jump into the icy bath. The dog then retrieves the duck and brings it back to you. Easy peasy!

I can equate my duck hunting to my Spiritual life. The goal of the hunt is to hit the trophy and then cook it up.  The goal of our Spiritual life should be to grow and strive for perfection just as our Heavenly Father is perfect. We need to concentrate and Aim for this as a target. It might require some late night Bible time, an extra hour or two in prayer and a commitment to the growth.

2 Peter 3:18New International Version (NIV)
18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

Matthew 5:48New International Version (NIV)
48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.


So aim high and take a shot at Spiritual growth.  You will be happy you did. It is time well spent.
 
Marty

 

No comments:

Post a Comment