Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Even At My Age 11/28/2017

Good Morning,

I woke up with my mind going a thousand miles an hour today. So I am embracing a cup of Door County Frosting On The Cake Coffee. There is a whole lot on my mind right now.



Yesterday and the rest of this week I am in school for eight hours each day. I need to take a refresher course on some technical knowledge I use for my job. It ends with a ninety minute exam. It's been a long time since I have been in school and facing an intense week like this. Yesterday was an eye opener as to how much I have forgotten about this subject. There are some new healthcare codes to know and adhere to. Argh!!! I was a real chore to learn new things.

I came away from school last night drained, wondering if an old guy still has the capacity to learn. So I went to the Good Book to see what God has to say about aging. I was encouraged to know that He cares as I read through the passages. I was lifted up and set on a path that only He knows what the outcome will be. Maybe these verses on aging will help you today. You can learn and depart wisdom.

1. Isaiah 46:4 And I will still be carrying you when you are old. Your hair will turn gray, and I will still carry you. I made you, and I will carry you to safety.

2.  Psalm 71:9 And now, in my old age, don’t set me aside. Don’t forsake me now when my strength is failing.

3.  Job 12:12 Wisdom belongs to the aged, and understanding to the old.

4. 1 Kings 12:6 There were some older men who had helped Solomon make decisions when he was alive. So King Rehoboam asked these men what he should do. He said, “How do you think I should answer the people?”
5. Job 32:7  I thought, ‘Those who are older should speak, for wisdom comes with age.

Smile. It is better already.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment