Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Terror In Manhattan 11/1/2017

Good Morning,

Today I will keep it short and to the point. My day began with prayer, the same way my day ended last night. I awoke to the smell of Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee reaching  my will to sleep longer. So up and at it we go.



Manhattan suffered a terror attack yesterday. Lives were lost and others were hurt. I watched the mayor of New York hold back the tears as he spoke and inspired his constituents. The media flashed the picture of the terrorist on the television screen. His eyes were cold and I couldn't muster any emotion one way or the other for him. But my gut was retching from his actions. I felt sorrow for the victims and their families. My heart aches for them.

What I know of Scripture is this. Jesus also died for the sins of the terrorist as well as the rest of the world. If he turns to Jesus in sincere repentance he can be forgiven. I also know the words of Jesus. And He holds the keys to Hades and Hell,. Without Jesus this man is doomed for eternity in hell.

Revelation 1:17-19New King James Version (NKJV)
17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me,“Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death. 19 Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this.

I will leave this man's punishment up to God and the authorities He placed over us. I will trust in God to deal with the terrorist. If the terrorist  chooses hell, it was his choice and that is what he wanted.  His eternity will not be a good one.  What I will do is lift up our nation, New York, the victims and their families in prayer. I will be vigilant and do my part to watch for these types of attacks in my part of the world. and prevent them if possible.

Love to all.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment