Wednesday, February 15, 2017

There Has To Be More To Life 2/15/2017

Good Morning,

Time to wake up my sleepy friends. Time to hit the floor and time for that first cup of Door County Apple Cobbler Coffee, eat an apple and look forward to some ham and split pea soup for dinner. I for one am ready to enjoy that blessing.

Ecclesiastes 3:12-13English Standard Version (ESV)
12 I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and to do good as long as they live; 13 also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil—this is God's gift to man.



I like to live my life and enjoy what I do. There is no sin in living life and enjoying what God has for us each day. But in many instances we get so consumed with life and schedules that we forget to pet a puppy, encourage a child, squeeze our own orange juice, enjoy the stars, cry at a sunrise, console at a funeral, smell a lilac, share a blessing, compliment someone, receive a compliment, make a fire to warm us, swim with the fish, smile, laugh, pray or go to a baseball game.

We become numb, lifeless figures taking up oxygen because we choose to be this way. God's gift of enjoying a tomato from our garden and thanking him becomes the "chore of making a meal" instead of enjoying the sweet fruit of our labor and praising God for it.

There is more to life even in misery. I have had two friends go on to be with the Lord. While visiting them both before death came, they asked me who they could be praying for. They found purpose and joy in praying for others as long as they were alive. They saw the beauty in prayer. One wanted to look up football statistics and sing hymns for a couple hours. I am so glad I went to be with him. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. There is more to life than what is in front of us at the moment. We just need to open our eyes and enjoy it, even for a moment.

God Bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment