Saturday, February 25, 2017

A Walk With God. I love You More 2/25/2017

Good Morning,

My morning started very early today. I filled a travel bottle with Door County Crème Coffee and went for a long walk. The sun still isn't up.



It is snowing lightly this morning. It started to snow last night and it left us a white surprise. In my part of the world it wasn't too much snow, just enough to turn things white again, and remind us that winter isn't really over. Sleep was treating my like the plague last night and I finally gave in to just getting out of bed, dressing in warm layers, taking my travel bottle full of coffee and going for a long walk with our dog Gibbs.

Gibbs didn't care that it was four thirty in the morning. He just wanted to run in the fresh air, chase a couple of rabbits and sniff a few trees. The air was brisk and the coffee was hot. My head lamp lit the way.  I started to pray and ask God a few questions. I petitioned the Holy Spirit to lead my prayer time and to show me what or who to pray for. I had envisioned this walk lasting fifteen minutes at the most. An hour later, out of coffee, a little cold, but with a full spiritual gas tank I returned to the old Ford truck and drove home. During that prayer time I was led to pray for many others, our country, our world and at the end for myself. On my way home I felt content, a little tired and in need of some hot oatmeal to warm me up. Prayer time wasn't over though. Once I was in the driveway I was reminded to be thankful and spent a few minutes to express my gratitude and love for God. I looked up and our house was lit with the outside lights , I knew the coffee was still on , and I could see the smoke rising from the chimney. I felt warm and comforted, because I saw how I was blessed with having a home, a sleeping wife inside, 60 years on this Earth  and a dog sitting next to me. I teared up a little and said to myself and God, sometimes this life has been tough, but You saw me through. I know not what the future on Earth holds for me, but I know You hold the future. God spoke back by recalling Scripture to me.

John 10:9-16New King James Version (NKJV)
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. 12 But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. 13 The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

I won't go through the rest of my life without a Shepherd to guide me. And one day I will be guided home to heaven.  In simple terms, I told God I loved Him. His reply was "I love you more". Do you need a walk with God? I did.

Have a great day,

Marty

2 comments:

  1. It is important that we take time to reflect and give thanks for what we have. Hebrews 12:28-29:
    Therefore, since we received a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe; for our God is a consuming fire.

    ReplyDelete