Thursday, February 16, 2017

Real Joy 2/16/17

Good Morning,

How about that Door County Mocha Mint Coffee that just was poured into my mug?  The aroma alone was worth waking up for.



Our church leadership is comprised of pastors and elders. We meet for prayer and discussion once a month at church. We all have our individual duties and ministries that we perform at church. The team is active to say the least. Last night we had our meeting and we started to share praises on what God is doing within the church. That part of our meeting went longer than usual and to me it is always the best part of the night. We praise God together and move on to prayer requests and then some business, I found that listening to all the guys report out on what God is doing gave me a feeling of joy. It was awesome. But I know that there is more joy out there. I find great joy in gathering at church with other believers, going on short term mission trips, delivering a sermon or two, writing to all of you, and leading a Bible study. I find joy in making a cheesy garlic bread for our family.  But there is a greater joy to be had.

John 15:5,9-11New International Version (NIV)
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. .
“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

Real joy, is having the joy of the Resurrected Jesus flowing through us in an abiding relationship. It is not the same joy that the world knows, because this requires spending time with Him. His joy flows through Him and into us. He doesn't just give us joy. He becomes our joy. He becomes our desire. Joy is the precious fruit of an intimate relationship with Christ.

Would you like to experience this joy? Spend more time talking with Jesus and listening,. Increase your joy by obeying Him. Seek to work along side of Him. There is nothing at all that compares to that joy. Don't settle for good when it can be great. Resurrect your joy!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment