Monday, February 13, 2017

Shut The Front Door And Put A Fork In It. 2/13/2017 Recipe Included Today

Good Morning,

What a great day to be alive. The Door County Apple Cobbler Coffee was poured right on time. I slept well and now I have a job to go to. Can't ask for much more. I have included one of my favorite and simple recipes at the end of the blog today.

Romans 14:19New International Version (NIV)
19 Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.

Have you ever been involved in an argument that started over something worth arguing about or not worth arguing about and now it just seems to never end? The argument turned into a verbal assault, feelings are hurt, and neither side wants to budge. One argument led to others and now life is miserable.

I know that some people when they are cooking meat want it cooked to tender perfection. I am one of those who tests the tenderness with a fork. If the fork slides in easily and I twist the fork a little to see inside the meat, I can tell that the meat is done. It works for me.

Christians should be able to close the door on an argument and be done with it and seek peace. That is what we are supposed to do.

Matthew 5:9New International Version (NIV)
Blessed are the peacemakers,
    for they will be called children of God.

We close the door effectively when we check our own attitude in the argument through prayer. The prayer leads us to ask for peace and seek it. Sometimes that means taking a big drink of shut up juice and holding our tongues. If an argument hasn't resolved itself through "strong reasoning" will it get fixed by carrying the argument ahead for hours, days, months and even years? Nope, not at all! In most cases the first argument gives birth to more illegitimate life crashers.

The arguments grows in size and soon forgiveness seems impossible, compromise is an ugly word and vengeance seems to be on the menu. Now it's win at all costs no matter what the collateral battle damage is. How foolish is that? Shut that door and put a fork in it.

I like to re-purpose things that might be thrown out and seen as useless. I am almost finished with this project seen below. A little polish and sealer and it will be complete. I am naming this one, "the argument fork". It will remind me to shut the door on arguments and put a fork in them,  call them done, seeking out peace in the process.



I think we all know of an argument or two that needs to end. We should be the first to seek peace with God and then the other party involved. Maybe the best thing you can do is to end the battle and pray for repairs that come in time. But aren't you tired from the battle?

Marty

Rene and I like a grilled steak now and then. Our favorite cut of meat is a bone-in rib eye about three quarters of an inch thick to one inch thick.  Two days before grilling the steaks I prepare a marinade. The marinade has a half  cup of olive oil and a teaspoon of crushed Rosemary added it to it. I shake it well and refrigerate the mixture. The day before we grill I shake the mixture again until it is well blended and then brush it on to both sides of the steak. I place the steaks in a covered glass baking dish and refrigerate until the next day. On grilling day I pepper the steaks to our taste and hit the hot grill and cook them until medium. Of course everyone has a different gauge of done for their preference. Some like their beef still mooing like a cow and others like it as hard as cardboard. Anyway you slice this recipe or however you like it done, it will taste great.


No comments:

Post a Comment