Saturday, February 18, 2017

It's Just Plain Wrong. You Don't Beat Your Wife And Kids 2/18/17

Good Morning,

I am enjoying the start of this day outside on the patio, Door County Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti Coffee at my side and an apple sliced and covered with peanut butter. Our weather is extremely warm for this time of year and I am waiting for the sun to come up while I write. I wish I was sitting on the edge of a river with my dog and looking over some duck decoys.



Last night I was called at home by the wife of friend. She asked me if I would go with them to visit their daughter. The daughter and her husband  have been having some issues in their marriage and my friend thought that maybe we could talk with them and pray, sending them on the right track.

I was surprised that this young couple let us in. It had been a long time since I was at their wedding. We came unannounced and it did feel awkward at first. Their kids were in bed and it did not take long to feel the tension in the room. I came right out and told them why we had come. I asked how we could help them and the room was silent. The young wife looked into the distance and tears began to flow. Her mom handed her some tissues and she started to dry her eyes. That's when some of her makeup was wiped away and I could see the black and blue around her eye. I asked the  young man how she received the bruise and he came forth with the answer " we were arguing and it got rough. I guess I slapped her a little". I was expecting her dad to fly off of the chair and place this guy in a choke hold. He showed great restraint. However, I was a little tired and my blood was boiling. I asked the next question. If I were to inspect those kids what would I see? His head hung low and he replied that the that they get spanked. I knew it implied more. I then asked if he would like to experience a little fear and go outside and take a beating. I was that angry. Then I heard him say "no sir". All of a sudden He was  changing that attitude. I did not beat the guy. It would have only lowered me to his level. But I could have, and I wanted to.

The fella has been removed from the home, the wife will be seeking a restraining order and I will be meeting with the young man to see if he is willing to let God resurrect his life. The wife will be going to counseling at her church. I went home, wanting to vomit all the way to our house.

There is no reason for men to beat their wives or their kids. None what so ever. The only excuse I can find is that this fella has not experienced the love and teaching of Jesus. He only sees himself as first, and does not put his family before him. He hasn't learned to love others. He hasn't learned to treat others as he would want to be treated. He sure retreated at the offer to experience the beating of a lifetime. He knew how he did not want to be treated. He knows right from wrong. My heart ached as much for him as it did for the wife and the kids. Pray dear friends that this has a happy ending some day.

Ladies, if you are in a situation like this. You must report it. You need to protect your kids and yourself. Get to a church, get away, call the police. But don't let it go on any longer. It will get worse. Men if this is your story, leave, seek help, get to a Bible believing church. Do not go home until you can trust yourself. Be held accountable. Seek a relationship with Jesus Christ and be healed from what torments you.

Colossians 3:19    Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.   

Psalm 11:5    The Lord tests the righteous, but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence.   

2 Timothy 3:1-8  But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. ...   

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.   

1 Peter 3:7    Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.

If you know someone who is experiencing this type of abuse. Put on you big boy or big girl pants and get them some help. Call the authorities and put a stop to it. I did not enjoy writing this today one bit. But it needs to be said.

May God give you peace today.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment