Thursday, February 23, 2017

Castor Oil And The Bible 2/23/2017

Good Morning,

How about that smell coming from the kitchen. I do believe it is a pot of Door County Chocolate Caramel Truffles Coffee. A big thanks to two people today. Brian and Lori, thanks for the coffee and the well wishes.

I swear that there are times when our home reminds me of a museum or an antique shop instead of a home. But we love it and it's how we roll here.  Now and then Rene will purchase an antique bottle with the contents still in it. Here is one of her "prizes". My Dad used to talk about getting a spoonful of castor oil for whatever ailed him. So I decided to look up this old bottle of remedies and see just what it could be used for. One of the lists I came up with provided a little humor for me.

10 Castor Oil Uses
  • Improves Immune Function.
  • Boosts Circulation.
  • Fights Skin Infections and Wounds.
  • Helps Balance Hormones and Improve Libido.
  • Induces Labor.
  • Heals Dry, Irritated, Sun-Burnt or Acne-Prone Skin.
  • Reduces Toenail or Fingernail Fungus, Moles and Cysts.
  • Relieves Constipation

So, many years ago this oil was considered to be the cure all for everything including inducing labor. I hear that many people still use Castor Oil. But every other commercial on television today seems to be for the latest wonder drug made for what ails you. They are usually followed up with two lawyers trying to make a profit from the use of those same drugs and their side effects on the human body.

The cure for your spirit has never changed. God has been and always will be the cure for your spirit.

Isaiah 46:9-10New International Version (NIV)
Remember the former things, those of long ago;
    I am God, and there is no other;
    I am God, and there is none like me.
10 I make known the end from the beginning,
    from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say, ‘My purpose will stand,
    and I will do all that I please.’

God invites us to leave our woes with Him

1 Peter 5:7New King James Version (NKJV)

casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

So what ails you spiritually? How about this "GOSPILL"?  Down in your spirit? Run to the Great Physician and let Him medicate your heart! He is 100% on target with His treatments for a worried, hurting, anxious, or bitter heart.

Love to all,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment