Friday, February 17, 2017

No Voice In The Wind 2/17/2017

Good Morning,

I am using up the last of my Door County Jingle Bell Coffee today. I am going to miss winter when it goes away. I am not a summer guy. Friday came just like I knew it would.

I find myself in a melancholy mood this morning. While writing out some bills from my desk last night, Rene walked up with a cold drink of water for me. I have had a persistent cough for three months now. Nothing serious, and I am told it will go away. She also brought a small wooden object that I made when we were first married. We have decided to declutter and purge some things. She asked me if I remembered the object. I did recall it. I had made it for my mother, I placed it on the desk and decided we could declutter something else. I wanted to keep it.

As I was sitting there I could hear the wind blow around the corner of our second story and it howled. That wind sounded as lonely as I felt. It was just one of those nights when memories became painful.

The sound of the wind reminded me of a Bible passage. 1 Kings 19:11-13King James Version (KJV)
11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:
12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.
13 And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?

God's voice was not in the wind, but it reminded me of what I needed and sitting there dreaming wasn't going to accomplish anything. I needed to hear from God. I opened my Bible and turned to a sweet invitation.

1 Peter 5:6-8Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)
Therefore humble yourselves [demote, lower yourselves in your own estimation] under the mighty hand of God, that in due time He may exalt you,
Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.
Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [ in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour.
 
After I read for awhile and prayed it was time for bed. Friends, for some reason I started to mourn the loss of my parents last night and I needed some comfort. My sweet wife tried with a cold drink, kind words and it is much appreciated. But what I needed was some time in the God's garden. 
 
 
 
He took time to walk with me, talk with me and tell me I am His own. I walked away later extremely tired and at peace. I had to leave those feelings with Him.
 
It might bethat today is one of those hurtful days for you or someone you love. Send them to God's garden for a little talk with Him. It works.
 
God bless,
 
Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment