Saturday, February 4, 2017

Life Is Not Fair??? 2/4/2017

Good Morning,

The older I get the more I appreciate a slow moving Saturday. A little extra time to wake up and drink a cup of Door County White Christmas Coffee. No cream for me in my coffee. The cream bottles were left behind when I was twelve years old. Two eggs will be fried and some orange juice will be poured. Slow moving!



From very young on we hear children squawk about something that happened to them with these words "That's not fair". My Dad's reply to that was always "Get over it, like is not fair". I have told people that same thing. "Life is not fair". Earlier this morning I pondered that subject while I was in prayer.

I decided through the leading of the Holy Spirit to come to this conclusion. Life is fair. Now some of you just tuned me out by thinking "has he walked in my shoes?" No I haven't, and you haven't worn mine. But let's look at this closer.

1, We were all created by God and He has ordained each of our days. Pain, hurt and sorrow are all experienced at one time or another by everyone. Agreed that some have had more than others. But If God is in charge, what we were allowed to experience is in His control. To be fair, we all are just passing through this life to what lays beyond, each of us at a different time. Each of us was given a life and it was fashioned for us. some will die young and some will be older.

Job 14:5
A person's days are determined; you have decreed the number of his months and have set limits he cannot exceed.

Psalm139:16
You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

Hebrews 13:14
For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come.

2. Life after death goes on and we all get to choose where we spend eternity. We will al spend eternity in heaven or hell by our own choice. Eternity begins for everyone at death. For some it comes sooner than others by God's choice. But we all have the choice to walk the streets of gold, cry no more, hurt no more, and fear no more. We all forget that there is life beyond and it can be beautiful for all. We all get to choose how it goes for us.

John 1:12
Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--


Revelation 21:4
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."


Matthew 25:26
"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."


So as I pondered this, my conclusion is that God is in control and each life is different. But it is the life fashioned for us and each life leads to an eternal home. Our faith in Him is what counts. We are all just passing through to our choice of eternal homes. The two choices are the same for everyone.

Make the right choice today.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment