Saturday, October 10, 2020

You Can't Have No Idea How Little I Care. 10/10/2020

 Good Morning,

Saturday it is! I am enjoying the morning sun today and washing the day down with a large cup of Door County Maple Coffee.

Last night while working on a small project at home I was afforded the luxury of watching television at the same time. More or less I listened to a movie titled Monte Walsh. It was a cowboy shoot um up kind of movie. What stood out was a quote the main character used at least twice in the movie.

"You Can't Have No Idea How Little I Care"

This was said to people who had wronged the old cowboy and now needed help, The old guy just left them to suffer through their issues. I think all too often as Christians our ability to talk a good game does allow people to see just how much we don't care. We at times are long on advice, Bible verses, and prayer which are good but come up short on compassion and action.  We might as well just say "You can't have no idea how little I care". 

The truth of the matter is this. People can see through the Christian smoke and mirrors. They are at first impressed with our first attempt at love, by just willing to spend some time with them. But when they present needs to us or are truly in need of more time, we pass them on to someone else or fail to go the extra mile. It is at that time they begin to know just how much you don't care. Someone once said "People don't care about how much you know. They look to see how much you care." 

We see church attendance in the United States lessening every year. I don't believe we can blame the preachers for that.The Gospel of Jesus is what everyone needs and I am sure the sermons aren't to blame. I place the blame on those in the pews or sitting behind their televisions for the decline. You have shown the world just how much you really don't care. We need to get involved with people. When a person comes across your path and is hurting. Are we foolish enough to ignore them? God knew who you would encounter. He often works through us to help and assist others. 

So if church attendance seems a little sparse, look yourself in the eye and ask "Do I really care"? Believe me, God knows exactly how little you care.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment