Thursday, October 8, 2020

I Fought With A Candy Bar 10/8/2020

 Good Morning,

The alarm clock went off and I declared war on it today. I can smell the Door County Caramel Apple Coffee brewing in the kitchen. A little extra sleep is needed.

Last night I went to the basement to retrieve something from the pantry and a bag of candy bars was sitting on the shelf. I purchased them about a week ago for  a little duck hunting trip I hope to take later this month. But there they were, staring at me. They were giving me the "Come and munch on me" look. 

The battle was on and I almost was persuaded to take the bite. I have been watching my sugar intake and have been doing really well. So I began to justify my craving and the candy bar was going to be a reward for being a good boy for two weeks. 

I turned into a tenacious lawyer and I argued the point with myself and then I reversed the role and argued against eating the candy bar. 

Wow, I wore myself out. But, I am proud to say that the candy bar bag is still unopened. But I didn't do it alone.

I decided during the battle to pray away my craving and look up some scripture. I might be the only one who battles with himself but I really don't believe I am alone in that arena. Here are the two verses that helped me out. 

Proverbs 23:1-2 When you sit down to eat with a ruler, observe carefully what is before you, and put a knife to your throat if you are given to appetite.

John 6:27  But don't be so concerned about perishable things like food. Spend your energy seeking the eternal life that the Son of Man can give you. For God the Father has given Me the seal of His approval.

So have a great day and pray away those temptations!

Marty



2 comments: