Saturday, October 24, 2020

Two Or More 10/24/2020

 Good Morning,

I am up and out of the house early today. My plan is to do some goose hunting, maybe with a few ducks mixed in. God's will be done! My Thermos Bottle was just filled with Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee. I will be enjoying some of that brew on my ride to the hunting field my buddy found to hunt in.


 

Saturdays are always a big day for me and not just because of hunting. My wife Rene and I attend church on Saturday nights. I normally do the preaching for most of the Saturday night services. I enjoy preparing the messages for our flock and I love working with the Holy Spirit to write and deliver the message, 

I enjoy gathering with others for worship and study. I really take to heart the value of corporate worship and corporate prayer. There are many times while preaching or listening to the music I can sense the presence of God.  My faith is stirred when I recall Matthew 18:20. Where two or more gather in My name, there am I with them. This makes me want to prepare my heart for church services because I don't want to miss out on gathering with the flock and Jesus. 

Friends, Given this verse, are you prepared for church services. Do you show up on time? Why wouldn't you want to be prepared by prayer and being on time? Again I ask why? Do you show up to the online broadcast in your pajamas eating breakfast? Again, if you believe the Bible to be true, why would you miss gathering with God? Would you really be eating a breakfast burrito while meeting with God?

Only you can answer these questions, Only you and God know just how you operate. I was blunt today. But please don't blame the sermon because you don't feel fed. You missed out on the Spiritual appetizers and missed out on some of the main course because you needed a cup of coffee before you could join the flock .

Tough words for a Saturday, But consider this. You were warned ahead of time, so Sunday being tomorrow should not be a big surprise. Wake up early. Prepare you heart. Show up on time.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment