Friday, October 23, 2020

I Hope I Never See That Day 10/23/2020

 Good Morning,

I am sitting at my desk ready to write with a cup of Door County Heros Blend Coffee next to me.One dog is at my feet and the other one seems to be giving my wife instructions in the kitchen. She is baking biscuits and he is overseeing the project. 

Ecclesiastes 12:1 Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, " I find no pleasure in them."

Today I will look into getting older. The years are creeping up on me now. There are many things that are more difficult to do now than they were just 15  years ago. Some things like cleaning the gutters on the house have been put aside by installing leaf filters over them. It is no doubt that duck hunting in marshes is starting to be more and more difficult with age. So I need to hunt differently and rely on a boat more than I used to. I am sitting here black and blue from a few tumbles I took while duck hunting last week. 

Today's Scripture reminds us to spend time with God during our youth and serve Him with gusto. This is to be done while you still are able. Mission trips were easier when I was younger. I hope to do a few more after this covid nightmare is sunset. But, I will need to take the easier ones, not the butt breakers of the past. By the way, I love that word gusto! (enjoyment or vigor in doing something; zest)

My hope is that right up until my last breath I see each day as a blessing and take it on with gusto for the Lord. Someday I might not be able to hunt, but I hope to be able to participate by praying for friends who are hunting and making them a meal. I hope to be on my last breath and am able to smile and tell someone I love them. I hope I never find a day with "no pleasure". I know where I am going after death so I hope my last days are spent serving the Lord and others. I hope to find the pleasure of old age, I hope I never see a day without pleasure in God, family and friends. Give me gusto!

These are my hopes for the future. Just saying! God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment