Friday, October 30, 2020

Turning Back The Clocks 10/30/2020

 Good Morning, 

I have a large cup of Door County Wisconsin Harvest Blend Coffee in front of me and a few things on my heart and mind today. I can smell the pot of navy bean soup I started earlier, simmering in the crock pot. It is time to write. 

On Sunday morning at 2:AM we are all supposed to turn back the clocks one hour. We usually turn ours back just before we go to bed. Some people say "An Extra Hour Of Sleep". In my mind it's more like "How Do I Set That Clock In The Car Again"!!! To me it is an inconvenience. At 4:PM now it will be dark when I come home from working. 

But as usual my mind started to wandering. What if we could just turn back the clock to October of 2019? What would you do differently? Would you have stocked up on more toilet paper? Or maybe you would have purchased more disinfectant wipes hand sanitizers and sprays? Would your pantries and freezers be filled? Would masks, gloves and Tylenol be in your cabinet?

2 Chronicles 7:14 If My people who are called by my name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 

For me, I would have done all of the above, but I would have also prayed more knowing now what I did not know then. I would have been praying more for our world, country and local governments. I would have visited some people more and spent time with them. Some I won't see until I reach the gates of Heaven. 

Here's the hard cold truth. We can't go back and we now are restricted to less travel. We can't go to and fro like we used to. We are wearing masks and now it is a fight between two opinions, to wear or not wear a mask. Sporting events are cancelled or restricted. Kids are in school one day and then home for two weeks. We have learned to eat pizza at home.

Friends, there is one thing that hasn't changed. We can still pray and we can petition God for our needs and desires. He hasn't moved but He has shown what it is like when He is silent and disease ravages the land.  I have more respect, love and fear of God than ever before. 

Saturday night our church will be in prayer from 6:30 PM until 4:AM the next morning. I am sure the world's health and state of mind will be on the agenda. I am asking this. If you wake up in the middle of the night Saturday into Sunday join us in prayer for even a minute or two. Shame on me. We should have been doing this last year. If you have a mind to share this with others please do so today. 

Have a great day.

Marty

2 comments:

  1. I am no less guilty than anyone, if we could spend as much time with God as we do watching sporting events. Looking forward to the all-nighter.

    ReplyDelete