Thursday, October 29, 2020

Exhale 10/29/2020

 Good Morning,

The day started awhile ago for me with prayer and a restless spirit. More prayer and a cup of Door County Caramel Apple Coffee is ahead of me in a few minutes.

I mentioned above that I am restless in spirit. I am not sure why. It could be covid overload. It could be the election in the United States or the stock market. It could be my age and the poor duck hunting season it has been,. It could be the friends and relatives I know who are hurting with illness or injury. 

I took some time to sooth my spirit with the Word of God last night. I found some peace and rest within the Word. I thought I would share some of the passages I read. Because, just maybe, you are restless too. 

Psalm 42:1-11 

To the choirmaster. A Maskil of the Sons of Korah. As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my food day and night, while they say to me all the day long, “Where is your God?” These things I remember, as I pour out my soul: how I would go with the throng and lead them in procession to the house of God with glad shouts and songs of praise, a multitude keeping festival. Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation .


Ephesians 6:11-17 

Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. ..


Matthew 6:33-34 

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.


Psalm 31:5

Father into thy hands I commit my spirit.


Have a great day, God Bless


Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment