Monday, May 4, 2020

The Oil Change 5/4/2020

Good Morning,

Wow! The weather temperature went from 70 degrees down to 40 degrees over night. From just right, to down right chilly. This cup of Door County Highlander Grog sitting next to me is cutting through the cold to warm this old guy up.



Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in all situations, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present you requests to God.

As timing would have it with all that is going on in my life and the world right now our Jeep which is easiest for me to drive needs an oil change. It is very important for me to keep up on the maintenance for this vehicle. It is the one vehicle that I use for work and if the Lord is willing I can return to work within a week or so. Also, when we purchased this vehicle (and we pray before we purchase anything) we prayed about buying the Jeep. Never before while purchasing anything like a vehicle did we elect to buy an extended warranty. This time, we did add a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty to the sale. It covers everything but maintenance items. Only one dealership has ever touched the Jeep for repairs and maintenance. So they have the records. But here is the tickler. You must very strictly follow all the maintenance guidelines like having your oil changed on time, every time. Thus , any repairs have only cost us a small deductible. I weighed out the cost of the warranty against what we could have spent on repairs and even with the deductible we came out far ahead in dollars saved. The Jeep has served us through three dogs now and many hunting trips.

Here is my point. I usually don't purchase warranties and wasn't going to on this purchase. But after prayer and listening to my wife who had done the math and nudged me while negotiating the sale I went ahead with the addition of the warranty.

So learn to take care of your vehicles as prescribed.  In everything pray and then follow God's lead. Men, often the best answer to prayer is sitting next to you in the form of a wife. When we both agree that this is the way to go and have peace through prayer, we have always been on the write path.

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment