Friday, May 8, 2020

Planning Ahead 5/8/2020

Good Morning,

Happy Friday to all of you this morning. My mug is filled with Door County Cherry Creme Coffee and with the sun shining through my window it is time to write.



My wife Rene and I are supposed to be on our way to Florida for ten days to vacation and visit family.  The old world wide pandemic has seen it's way to shut that down. Of course we are disappointed, but life is filled with disappointments for a lot of people right now.

We are cautiously planning for a visit in December, hoping and praying that we can make the trip either by flight our by driving down. To be honest, Rene leans toward driving down, which if all would go as planned would have me stopping at a few antique shops on the way down to Orlando.

My thought for today is this. Many people have been robbed of the experiences they had planned for April, May and now June. Graduations, proms, weddings, birthdays, and even funerals were changed due to  this crisis. I foresee many more child births in the future due to people being cooped up with nothing but time on their hands. Maybe this crisis has caused many couples to rediscover their attraction and love for one another.

Rene was reluctant to start planning another trip, yet I was Gung Ho to get something on the calendar. She doesn't deal with disappointment and fear very well. I don't know the future but, I am not ready to throw in the towel and live like a cloistered nun. So God willing Florida will be visited in December.

But one future that is written in a book and will never be erased is my future eternal home.  A pandemic event might lead me to it, but my reservation will never be cancelled. I have placed my faith in the saving grace of Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. And I know that my soul will rest in heaven. The worst thing of being separated from God in hell for eternity cannot happen to me. My reservation is made.  I have planned ahead!

Romans 10:13  For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men, by which we must be saved. 

John 3:16 For God so loved the world , that he gave gave His only Son Jesus Christ that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

How about you, your family and friends? Do you have your ticket punched for eternity? Make your reservation today. It's the only one you can make that can't be cancelled.

Happy Friday. Love you all.

Marty

2 comments:

  1. Reservation made, bags are packed, ticket punched, hoping to hear "Well done good and faithful servant"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to being with Jesus!

    ReplyDelete