Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Make Me A Blessing Please 5-26-2020

Good Morning,

I started this day very early and my cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee will be working hard to wake me up this morning.

Ephesians 2:10  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, that God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Most of my day is already planned right into this evening. But with each day there are those unplanned variations that happen and you did not foresee them arriving on the plate of your day. It could be that you will run into someone that needs assistance and you have the ability to help. Someone just might need to hear a kind word or maybe an extra prayer or two. Maybe it's the person on the corner asking for a dollar or two. Maybe it's a hungry kid.


You just never know when circumstances will call on you to be a blessing to someone. It could be that you, believe it or not are an answer to prayer. God uses us in many instances to be the one who helps, and thus you are an answer to someones prayer.

For some reason a good habit I used to have disappeared from my prayer routine. I don't know why, but it did. I used to wake up, hit the floor and during my prayer time I would ask God to make me a blessing to someone during my day. I guess, I took for granted that God would just let me know if I was to be used and then it would be my choice to obey or not. Foolish me. Helping someone or being a blessing to someone takes an attitude of humility. God really doesn't need me and what my prayer was really asking was this. "God you are at work all the time. Please let me work with You and be a blessing to others today. It's a privilege to work with God and should never be an arrogant expectation. No wonder I have been feeling out of tune with God.

So this morning I asked God if He would make me a blessing to someone today. Let's see what happens. I used to sing the Old Hymn " Make me a blessing while in the shower, or while driving. I will do that again, starting today.

Marty

Old Hymn Make Me A Blessing.  Lyrics Ira B Wilson

1
Out in the highways and byways of life,
  Many are weary and sad;
Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife,
  Making the sorrowing glad.
Make me a blessing, make me a blessing,
Out of my life may Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O Savior, I pray,
  Make me a blessing to someone today.
2
Tell the sweet story of Christ and His love,
  Tell of His pow’r to forgive;
Others will trust Him if only you prove
  True, every moment you live.
3
Give as ’twas given to you in your need,
  Love as the Master loved you;
Be to the helpless a helper indeed,
  Unto your mission be true

2 comments: