Friday, May 15, 2020

The New Normal 5/15/2020

Good Morning,

I am sitting at the window of our den and there isn't any sunshine today. Rain and dark skies have been painted by God on to the scenery of my view today. I just poured a large cup of Door County Heavenly Caramel Coffee for myself and now it is time to write.

Proverbs 21:21 He who follows righteousness and love, finds life righteousness and honor.

The tern "New Normal" has been floating around here relating to the Covid 19 Pandemic now for several weeks. It is meant to describe what we might have to do to exist with this pain in the butt until a vaccine that works is developed, tested and deployed. So social distancing, masks, limits to how many people can be in a building at one time, home school, and video meetings are what we are to expect as the new normal. This is just a short list of the items we are dealing with now. In many of theses instances I can hardly wait until they are over and done with.


Friends, some of the new normal that I have witnessed though can stay. I am seeing a greater concern by people for others. People are still donating to worthy causes. They have rallied behind restaurants by purchasing gift cards and ordering take out food. I have witnessed people checking in on others more via the phone or computer. People in general seen to be a little more courteous and are sharing more. In general people are learning to get by with what they have. I am seeing less chaos and more contentment to endure the situation.  I have seen and participated in national days of prayer. More people have rediscovered family. So all in all the scales of inconvenience and fear seem to weigh evenly against kindness and being content.

So my thought for today is, this once this new normal develops closer to what we used to know, don't let it rob you of practicing all the good things that you adopted during the heat of the crisis.

Remember to be nice, play nice, and embrace nice.

Marty




No comments:

Post a Comment