Friday, May 22, 2020

I Never Thought That I Could Be A Builder 5/22/2020

Good Morning,

Friday arrived, right on time and it is going to kick off the weekend for me. A cup of Door County  Creme Coffee is next to me and not it is time to write.


I have a few different jobs on my resume but I never thought that I could carry the title of "Builder". I just don't possess those types of skills and you could say that I am pretty much one- dimensional.  Now, that is looking at me through my eyes or your eyes. When God looks at me He sees more and has written into my resume and my Earthly job description the title of "Builder."

1 Thessalonians 5:11  Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you are doing. 

Any employee will tell you that in order to be considered a great worker, and not just a good one, the expectations of the boss need to be known. and followed. In 1 Thessalonians 5:11 God clearly states His expectations for us. We are to be builders of People. We are to find out the goals of those we love or of those God sends our way and we are to encourage them.  To build someone up we  praise something or someone in a way that will influence people's opinions; to make 
a person feel more confident: A good teacher builds you up.

We are to also encourage them in their faith and their endeavors cheering them on and at times supporting their needs.

Do you know someone that could use a word of encouragement or a recommendation ?  You have the power to do both. God expects you to do so.

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment