Monday, May 18, 2020

Choose Your Companions Cautiously 5/18/2020

Good Morning,

We have been embraced with heavy rains and what was dry is now soggy and in some instances flooded. I have been abandoned for a little while by our two dogs who were outside for a few minutes. They came in cold and wet and found their way to the fireplace to warm up. Such is the life of two spoiled dogs. Keeping me company is a hot cup of Door County Country Morning Blend Coffee.


1 Corinthians 15:33 Don't be misled; Bad company corrupts good character.

The Covid 19 epidemic certainly changed the way I do things, for sure. I really do like to socialize with people and will often find myself interacting with many people during the week. I was in quarantine and my only companions were my faithful wife ( who had to be distant) and our two dogs. My routine was derailed.  I missed going to church, work, and my interactions like trap shooting or breakfast with my buddies. I have been blessed to have friends that walk the path of a good moral compass. They have no problem being corrected when on the wrong path in life and they won't hold back on me if they disagree with a choice I pursue that isn't lining up with my moral compass which is the Bible.

In the title for today's blog the challenge seems to be for us to choose who we hang out with and to make sure they are people of moral accountability.

Today I want to pursue another avenue. For many days I was pretty much alone due to safety reasons and to be very honest I did not like it. But it is what it is. My thought to all of you today is this. "Who are you when no one else is around"? Are you a good companion for yourself? Are you easily strayed with things the world has to offer? When it says "Free Take One", do you take two? Were you the toilet paper hoarder we all desired to hang by their toes.? Did you really desire bad things for people who hoarded?  I for one found myself watching too much television. Time that could have been spent calling or emailing others was wasted feeling sorry for myself. I could have spent more time studying my Bible and praying for others, yet I chose to watch mindless reruns of Old Western Shows. Do you cheat on your taxes? The churches were closed but did you send in an offering to sustain them so they can reopen?  Where does your mind wander to when you are alone? Are you of the same moral fortitude that others see when no one is watching? We all tend to conveniently forget that God can see us at all times, hear us, and know our thoughts.

What kind of companion are you to yourself?

Have a great day and chew on this food for thought. I for thee, and thee for me.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment