Sunday, September 8, 2019

Paul Bunyan's Lumberjack Meals 9/8/2019

Good Morning,

A big cup of Door County Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee was pounded down about an hour ago and I think it's time for one more. So as I write I will sip on my morning brew.

There is a dining emporium in the Wisconsin Dells named "Paul Bunyan's." It is an all you can eat style restaurant served family style in a vintage setting made to look like a dining hall in a lumberjack camp. It has been there since I was a little boy and who knows how long before I ventured into hall with my parents and my sister.



I am especially fond of their breakfast. it has everything from bacon, sausage, potatoes, pancakes, eggs and juice. They also serve freshly fried sugar doughnuts.  My mouth is watering just thinking about them. I highly recommend this memory maker of a place.

Philippians 4:8 Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good report, or praiseworthy, Think on these things.

This morning my brother and his oldest son came over for an early breakfast before our nephew had to catch a plane back to a job site in Florida. His brother is camping somewhere with friends in Wisconsin. So it was just the three of us. Rene woke up with me at 4 AM and went back to bed. It was way too early for her to join us. She hasn't developed her love of mornings and breakfast like I have. I made a pretty good breakfast minus the doughnuts. As we chatted I was watching the clock and it wasn't going to be too long before my brother would be taking his son to the airport. My mind wandered to a time when we took his boys to the "Dells" and Paul Bunyan's. It was a guys weekend for the four of us. The boys were pretty young at that time. I think they were about 9 and 7 years old about then. It was a weekend full of nonsense and fun. I can still see those two munching on the doughnuts and laughing about passing gas which is always a part of a "guys weekend".



My memory trip finished and a grown man was sitting at the table across from me drinking coffee. I said to myself that this life travels too fast. My brothers boys always stop in when they can or for the youngest one whenever he is in the neighborhood. I cherish those times.



My point is this, always make room at the table for the loved ones in your life to visit. Because before you know it they have too much on their schedules to stop by and the little boy has a life of his own. A life that is way too busy like everyone else. Make memories when those kids are young, The memories will warm your hearts on those cold days of the winter of your life. Sometimes you don't know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment