Friday, September 27, 2019

A Day That Lasted Forever 9/27/2019

Good Morning,

I would love to be sharing a cup of Door County Mocha Mint Coffee with all of you today. I could see us munching on some freshly baked rolls lightly buttered and with honey dripping from the sides. I dream a lot and someday I believe it will be in heaven where I sit and eat breakfast with many of you and people I miss so much. But time to stop dreaming and time for writing.



On this date in 1986 it was rainy, very warm and humid. It seems like that day was just last year instead of 33 years ago. When Rene and I are asked how long we have been married we both reply "1000 years".  It seems like just yesterday our calendar was booked with church, school, softball, football, volleyball, bowling and hunting. We were very active with sports individually and together. Now just the thought of going out on a football field and getting hit makes me cringe and break into a cold sweat. We just watch football now and attend more baseball games when they have a Senior Citizen discount.

On 9/27/1986 we both agreed to share our lives together. We made sure that our vows clearly stated that each one of us was OK alone, but we chose to take our individual lives and make them one. We made a decision to share our lives together. It was the most unselfish choice we ever made. We did not know the future at all. No promises of prosperity or perfect health were written and guaranteed on that day. And to be honest there have been sometimes when things looked very bad, It was during those times, being alone did not seem like it would have been the best choice. The strength of two was better than one, We never have doubted our faith and we know that as two, we are strong, but the third cord in the marriage is God and a cord of three strands is stronger.

Ecclesiastes 4:11-12  11.If two lie down together they will be warm. How can one be warm alone?
12. Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a cord of three cannot be easing broken. 

Ruth 1:16-17 Entreat me not to leave thee and return from following thee. For wither thou goest I will go; and where thou lodge, I will lodge; Thy people shall be my people and thy God shall be my God. Where thou will die, I will die, and there will I be buried: The Lord do so to me and more if anything but death part thee and me. 

Ecclesiastes 4:11-12 were part of  our wedding ceremony and Ruth 1:16-17 were our vows. So today if you ask me how long we have been married I will reply "1000 years and working on the next 1000." I am grateful for life and more grateful because of the partner who decided to share hers with me.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment