Wednesday, September 11, 2019

A Love Letter To You 9/11/2019

Good Morning,

I am embracing this day with prayer and a large cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee. What a good way to start a day.



The September 11 attacks (also referred to as 9/11) were a series of four coordinated terrorist attacks by the Islamic terrorist group al-Qaeda against the United States on the morning of Tuesday, September 11,2001.

I remember where I was that fateful day when the attacks came. I was at work in the medical center and it seemed as if the world stopped as we watched the fires from the suicide plane attacks on television. I remember praying and I can't remember what I prayed for. Was it for us to retaliate? Did I pray for those still trapped in the burning buildings? Did I pray for protection? Did I pray for the emergency workers and their safety? I don't recall what the content of my prayer was on that ugly day. But I know I prayed.

Later that night I sought God for comfort and I found myself reading Isaiah 43:2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep you under. And then I found myself reading Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

These words of reassurance were letting me know that God had this whole situation and that He would carry us through these tough times.  It dawned on me that in these passages and the fact that God was reassuring me, He was telling me how much He loved me. It made me think even harder and I have concluded that the Bible is God's love story to us.

Romans 15:4 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.

Friends if the world has taken a bite out of you, do as I did and run to God's Word and let Him console, encourage, and love on you. When you open your Bible and God encourages you, we find that it seems as if that portion was just written for you.  Go there and find peace and support.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment