Sunday, September 29, 2019

A Chicken Soup Kind Of Day With A Recipe 9/29/2019

Good Morning,

I started this day a few hours ago and it was raining very hard for my wake up duties to get our two dogs outside for their morning business. I was grateful for the hot cup of Door County Caramel Apple Coffee that was waiting for me inside.


Jeremiah 29:13 If you will seek me with all your heart you will find Me.

I decided a couple hours ago that it was going to be a chicken soup day and I can honestly say that there is a crock pot full simmering in the kitchen. When I went out earlier with our dogs Leo and Gibbs I too returned inside wet and cold. The soup will be comfort food for us today.

There are times when you just have to give in and rest a spell, feeding your soul and your body with good things like soup. Rene and I both appreciate the simplicity of the soup pot and how something so easy can be so good. We will add some crackers to the soup later and drop some lemon slices into our water glasses.

Today I will keep up in my Bible study and stir the soup a little now and then. Life is not stopping today but for me there will be no work outside on the monsoon type of day. Sometimes you just have to slow down, and spend more time with our Creator. He promises that if we seek Him He will be there. So as good as the soup will be for our bodies, extra time with God will rejuvenate the soul.

So if a rainy day or a case of the blues has slowed you down today. Take my recipe for success and put it into practice.

God bless,

Marty

Crock Pot Soup

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 lb. 
boneless skinless chicken breasts

large onion, chopped

carrots, peeled and sliced into coins

stalks celery, sliced
4 tsp. 
sprigs fresh thyme
4 tsp. 
sprigs fresh rosemary 

cloves garlic, minced

bay leaf

Kosher salt

Freshly ground black pepper
10 c. 
low-sodium chicken broth
8 oz. 
egg noodles

DIRECTIONS
  1. In a slow cooker, combine chicken, onion, carrots, celery, thyme, rosemary, garlic, and bay leaf and season generously with salt and pepper. Pour in broth. 
  2. Cover and cook on low, 6 to 8 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Discard herbs and bay leaf. Return chicken to slow cooker and add egg noodles. 
  3. Cook on low, covered, until al dente, 20 to 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment