Saturday, September 7, 2019

Goose Reunion And Enchiladas 9/7/2019

Good Morning,

My insulated bottle was filled with Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee earlier this morning. I was up and out of bed at 3;15 AM so I am writing to you later on this fine Saturday.

This morning granted me the good fortune to meet some of "the guys" out in the field for a short goose hunt. We were a little successful and I now have a crock pot cooking a goose breast. Later this week Rene and I will have Goose Enchiladas for dinner.



I won't hunt anything that I we won't eat and for us a goose dinner of any kind is a treat. Rene and I both take pride in not wasting anything. So to hunt something and not eat it, to us it is a sin. We have many recipes for wild game and they are quite tasty.

Not wasting things was taught at an early age to both of us. We were the type of family that, when the turkey dinner was complete, the carcass was saved to be boiled. The turkey broth was turned into turkey soup.

John 6:12 And when they had eaten their fill, He told his disciples to gather up the leftovers, that nothing would be wasted. 

You see, even Jesus Himself, the Son of God was frugal and did not waste anything. Maybe the leftovers from dinner could be your lunch tomorrow. Or could a plate be taken to a shut in? I believe that the fast food wasted in one day around the world could feed the homeless  for a day or more. We are a wasteful world  at the expense of those who do not have enough.

Food For Thought.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment