Thursday, September 12, 2019

Just A Closer Walk With Thee 9/12/2019

Good Morning,

I just poured myself a large cup of Door County Raspberry Almond Coffee and I truly appreciate it today. It was a long night of noisy storms and rain. Sleep just seemed to escape my grasp while God illuminated the sky with high voltage displays of power.


Yesterday morning while on the way to work I felt the need to listen to some old time Gospel music It was just what I needed as I made the drive from our home to the medical center for work. An old tune started to play on the radio and it just warmed me through to my soul. I hadn't listened to that one in many years. Just a closer walk with thee was playing and I started to sing along. It was at that moment that I knew my song was my prayer. A closer walk with God is what I have been seeking for my restless soul. I have been asking what God might have me do in the next stretch of my life and He has been pretty quiet. It sank in that right now He just wants me to draw closer to Him and wait for Him to show me the way. I need to be patient and faithful.

Just A Closer Walk With Thee

  1. I am weak, but Thou art strong;
    Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
    I’ll be satisfied as long
    As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.
    • Refrain:
      Just a closer walk with Thee,
      Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
      Daily walking close to Thee,
      Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.
  2. Through this world of toil and snares,
    If I falter, Lord, who cares?
    Who with me my burden shares?
    None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.
  3. When my feeble life is o’er,
    Time for me will be no more;
    Guide me gently, safely o’er
    To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.

I went into a tough day at work with this song stuck in my head and as the day pestered me like fleas I could stay grateful for those wonderful minutes spent praying to God in song. I approached the throne of God in song and He answered with peace. I was led to look up a verse about stepping toward God. I found more peace in this verse.
James 4:8 Draw Close unto God and He will draw close to you.

Let be Dear Lord, let it be.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment