Monday, February 22, 2021

When The Ice Man Cometh 2/22/2021

 Good Moring,

Love lives on in the hearts of men and women as promised by God. I have a busy day ahead of me and this week looks to be busier than it usually is. Door County Morning Blend Coffee just filled my travel bottle and soon I will be a road warrior on my way to work.

Hebrews 13:16 Do not neglect to do good and share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. 


I have been praying for some of the Southern States in our country. Winter visited them in a hard way with slippery roads, frozen water lines and power outages. Heat was a luxury. Water and food just disappeared off of the shelves. Some of the news clips of massive automobile crashes with many cars wrapped in a twisted metal mess was terrible to see. 

I never thought winter conditions could cause such havoc. There isn't much anyone from here, where we are used to winter can do. Companies in the North, cable of switching from brewing beer are now send bottled water south to help. Man power such as electric linemen, and plumbers are headed to help. I personally can afford to give some cash to relief funds. 

I have never been in a hurricane that was anything to speak of. I have never endured a winter storm that shut us down for more than a day. I don't know how one can be prepared enough for all four seasons and the worst they can bring. 

We once went without heat during a cold spell for a couple days. But we had firewood and a fireplace with a blowing heater fan. We prayed a lot and brought out the extra blankets and made sure our water pipes wouldn't freeze. I think of those days when I am cutting firewood every year. 

This isn't a call to be prepared and stock up, although whatever those who are suffering feel they need to do for the future that's a lesson they feel they learned.  I will however help if I can, and I will pray for the recovery to go quickly. 

Friends, let's pray and send as much sunshine as we can to those who need it. 

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment