Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Lesson For February Be Still 2/2/2021

 Good Morning,

The day began with prayer for a friend's son and a hot cup of Door County Almond Toffee Coffee. I am ready to write.

For most of my life I have found it hard to be quiet. Even while hunting I struggle not to talk to a partner or the dog. At home my wife speaks very little and I start most of the conversations. 

There is a time when it is in our best interest to just be still. I believe that God is all knowing, so even my thoughts are heard by Him. I find myself praying and then after I stop, I keep thinking about what I prayed about, adding more to my prayers or actually adding doubts. 

To practice my faith, it is apparent that there is a time to be quiet and know that God heard my prayers and He will answer them, His way, and in His time. 

Psalm 139:2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up. You discern my thoughts from afar. 

Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the Earth.

Think it through friends. Do you pray and then tell God what He should do with your mouth or your thoughts. Be still and know that he is God!

Valuable lesson.

Marty

2 comments: