Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Lipstick On A Pig 2/23/2021

 Good Morning. 

This day started extremely early and I am grateful to be able to join this day with a cup of Door County Morning Blend Coffee. I am looking forward to accomplishing some great work today. 


I am going out on a limb here and I believe I will hit nerve or two on some people and others might agree with me. I believe we have become people who are afraid to call sin a sin. I see a lot of justification and tolerance of blatant sin by saying the sin is because of love when those who violate Scripture try to whitewash the offense. For instance to make it simple. "I wasn't really speeding. I was keeping up with the traffic." Or the famous "Tell them I am not home". When you were home the whole time. I like this one. "It's my body I will do what I want with it". Or "why did you steal pencils at school Gertrude? Don't I bring enough home from work?  Or last but not least. " My spouse doesn't understand me therefore I need a divorce." Or this famous one. "God wants me to be happy so I want a new spouse"!

John 8:11 Jesus said to the woman, I do not condemn you either. Go and sin no more.

I could get down to the nitty gritty here and it would be easy to do. But what we have done by minimizing sin is "we have put lipstick on a pig? " We really don't want to talk about sin anymore. It offends some. Jesus wasn't afraid to call it what it is and was. We should follow his lead. Jesus did not make a public issue of a woman's sin. He just said it like it is. What you did was wrong, go and try not to do it again. Notice in the passages she didn't argue or try to justify her actions. 

Food for thought!'

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment