Sunday, February 14, 2021

Valentine's Day Prayer 2/14/2021

 Good Morning,

Door County Irish Creme Coffee splashed into my mug this morning and it wasn't too long after the splashdown I had my first sip. It's great to be alive. 

1 Timothy 2:1 First of all then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people.





February 14th is known as Valentine's day. I won't get into the the history of it today. Maybe next year. What I recall of the holiday started back in grade school. One day when I was in second grade I came home from school and there was a box of valentine cards on the table . My mother had a list with all the names of my classmates on it. She instructed me to write their name on a on one and not to leave anyone out. She said that on the next day I was supposed hand one out to each child when told to do so. 

I must tell you handing out a little card that so said "be my valentine" to the guys I played dodgeball with seemed about a lame as lame can be. I did as I was told and so did every other boy in the class. But the general consensus was seen later in the round circular file know as the trash. Now on the other hand the little girls in class just loved it and made a big deal out of it. 

Enough regressing here. Rene and I have always observed Valentines day in small ways . We have avoided successfully going out to dinner on one of the busiest restaurant days of the year. We usually observe it with a heartfelt card or I might pick up some flowers or chocolates. I do recall a small teddy bear that after you squeezed it the song "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" would play. One thing though is every Valentines day I pray and thank God for my sweetheart. 

Friends, flowers, candy, or dinner are fine things to do. But don't forget to pray for your "Sweetheart". It's a gift that lasts!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment