Thursday, February 25, 2021

Smiling Has Become A Lost Custom 2/25/2021

 Good Morning,

I am headed off for a little work today and my travel mug will be filled with Door County Cherry Creme Coffee. It's time to write.

Proverbs 17:22 A joyful heart is good medicine. But a crushed spirit dries up the bones. 



One thing Covid 19 has done among many things is to rob us from seeing the beautiful smiles that used to greet us on a daily basis. Wearing masks prohibits us from enjoying those morning grins. A lot of people have resorted to smiling with their eyes, which is very nice. But not seeing the eyes and the smile is like taking a shower while wearing a raincoat. I have tried adding a "good morning. or a have a great day" to my encounters. Just not the same!

I have stopped whining for now and have developed a plan that would make any man proud. Whenever it is safe to be maskless, I will smile from a long distance and wave to people. I will smile at the stoplight to the people in the car next to me. Someone will think that is weird and want to beat me silly, but I never said I wasn't weird. Did I? My sister who passed away in 2021 had a smile that would light up a room when she was little. As I remember her, I remember the smile. 

I plan on spreading some good cheer and good will. Let's see what you can do!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment