Sunday, February 7, 2021

A Location Change In Your Future? 2/7/2021

 Good Morning,

Our outdoor thermometer showed me some ugliness this morning. It read -8 degrees F. That alone calls for a second cup of Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee. It is time to write.

In life there are times and circumstances that come about that will cause a change of location. This can be exciting for some and upsetting to others. It all depends on the situation. And each situation is different. 

Genesis 12:1 Now the Lord said to Abraham. "Pack up, leave your country and go to the land that I will show you. 

You have your list of things that need to be done and you prioritize so as to be organized. A place to live usually tops the list of things needing to be done. If there are children involved, schooling is next on the list. You pack, and plan your move. The move takes place. You buy some groceries and set up a bed.  Then you start to unpack. Some people unpack quickly and others take their time waiting to see exactly where they want things. 

Most people once settled in should start to look for a church. I for one would do it differently. I would research the churches in my new area. I would check their theology out , location and I would pray as to where God would want me to settle and serve. I would have a list of the churches I want to visit and then let God tell me where He wants us. This would be a top priority for me. For my wife Rene and I, we have family, and neighbors. They are all important in our life. But our "community" is the church we attend and serve in. 

Moves usually take place on a weekend and the Sunday of the move is usually written off with exhaustion . But my plan would be to know where some Sunday Go To Meeting Clothes are packed and I would start on day one looking for the place God wants me to be.

My point today is this. When God becomes an option, He usually isn't an option at all. 

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment