Thursday, February 18, 2021

Cold Clear Water 2/18/2021

 Good Morning,

I would like to say "God Bless You" first thing right away. My mug was just filled with Door County Blackberry Shortcake Coffee and now it is time to write. 


One thing I like most about this time of the year is the temperature of the drinking water that comes right from our faucet. Our town gets it's drinking water from Lake Michigan. And when the temperature drops like it has to below zero the water gets so cold that it doesn't need ice in the glass to chill your drink. I really enjoy cold drinking water and not to have to add ice to the glass is such a treat for me. Once summer rolls around and the lake heats up, it's back to ice in the glass. 

Now I am very thankful to have the great drinking water we sometimes take for granted. Nothing quenches my thirst like cold, cold water. I enjoy sweet peach tea and Kool Aid but water is the one to do the trick when I need to be refreshed. And nothing needs to be added to it. 

Now and then I find myself in need of refreshing my spirit. The world dumps it's filth my way like it does to everyone. But to refresh my soul I need only one thing and that one thing is like a drink of fresh cold water to my parched tongue on a hot day. I need to sit a spell and visit with God, in prayer, and reading His Word. Nothing else needs to be added to the drink God leads me to. 

Isaiah 49:10 They will neither hunger nor thirst, nor will the desert heat nor the sun beat down on them. He who has compassion on them will guide them and lead them besides springs of water.

So as I look forward to a cold drink after a workout and only water will do. I look forward to drinking in from the refreshing springs of God's Word and prayer time.

Just a thought for today. Drink it in.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment