Sunday, February 21, 2021

Be Happy For Others 2/21/2021

 Good Morning,

Sunday here I come and I hope you are approachable with gusto. The radio is turned down low and the fireplace has a load of logs keeping us warm. My mug was just filled with Door County Gingerbread Spice Latte and now it is time to write. 

Psalm 94:19 When the cares of my heart are heavy, your consolations cheer my soul.


As you get older things seem to slow down and happenings in your life revolve around keeping your doctors appointments and waiting for the garden to sprout some life. Work promotions, and mission trips are things of the past. Now, it isn't so bad when you know the house is paid for and you are comfortable. I have found a way to be involved and still finding things to rejoice about.

We can be happy for others who's lives are still evolving. You can be happy and rejoice when a grandkid accomplishes something in life. You should be happy and proud when your kid purchases a new home. When a friend overcomes an illness, rejoice! When we sincerely rejoice with others on their good fortunes and blessings we make our hearts young. We see God at work and we should be thankful to have witnessed the happenings of others. You can be happy when you relinquish your place to the younger ones. Just recently I had a nephew outshoot me on clay targets. I was proud to say I lost. You can rejoice over their first pheasants taken in the field. You can praise your dog for making a great flush or retrieve, 

Take the opportunity to call and rejoice with those who rejoice. Send a card or letter of congratulations. sometimes that card of elation spurs someone on to keep going and finish the life race they started. 

When I see those around me succeed it makes me smile. We have two weddings coming up and I will celebrate with the bride and groom. I will be praying for them. I look forward to helping them move into new homes someday and if the Lord blesses them with children I will rejoice. 

Smile and rejoice for others. It warms the heart.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment