Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Holding Down The Fort 2/10/2021

 Good Morning,

A warm bed was begging me to stay just a little bit longer, but the Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee was calling me to get up and get going. 

Proverbs 31:12 She does him good and not evil. All the days of her life. 


Today I would like to give a shout out to my wife. Due too some circumstances out of our control, I am quite busy at work. I have been away more than usual. But on the home front, everything is going well. The fireplace ashes were removed. Firewood as brought inside. I enjoyed a crock pot pork loin dinner. The dogs have been outside and played with as much as the cold weather allows. The trash is at the curb. The truck gets started and run every day. And who has done all this? My wife! The list is a lot longer than I am writing.

Just the other day when I was mentioning some of the things I needed to get done, My wife Rene replied. " Make a list and I will knock out what I can". She changed the furnace filter  for me. I was glad to know that she could do it. Her other quote was "Get some rest and don't worry. I will hold down the fort." I did refuse to call her "General". 

I thought about that and how nice it is to be married to someone who always steps into the gap and hold's down the fort when my life gets a little chaotic. Our marriage is kind of like a fort. United we make a wall that withstands the stress of life. Apart we are easily defeated. Together we are stronger. It's you for me and me for you in this house. Again I count my blessings and one of them is named Rene. 

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment