Friday, February 19, 2021

Another Trip Around The Sun 2/19/21

 Good Morning,

I found my mug filled with some very hot Door County Cherry Creme Coffee this fine day. A little buttered banana bread and I will have a great breakfast. 

Psalm 23: 1 The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want. 2. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside the still waters. 3. He restores my soul and leads my in paths of righteousness for His name's sake. 

The sun is trying to shine in our area of the world and it is doing it's best to melt away some of the snow that has found a home on the roof of our house. Our two dogs are just waiting to get outside for some extended play time. 

Today my life has taken me for another trip around the sun and I find myself thinking too hard about this last voyage. Some things are still the same and others are not. Each year brings changes known as the life cycle. Some things occurred in my last trip around the sun that are a first and some are 64 trips old. I lost relatives last year one due to covid and cancer took another. I have learned not to forget my mask and how to order things online. I watched a nation almost split in two over an election and differences of opinions. I watched the apple harvest out produce itself and a garden burst at the seams with vegetables. We as a family have a couple of weddings to look forward to. My mother in law will turn 94 years old and she still is as sharp as a tack. 

I find that nothing stands still or waits for anyone and by God's grace He will see me through another trip around the sun. I am grateful for the 63 I completed and am glad that God has been there to guide me along. My one regret is that I did not allow Him to do so for all 63 and I waited too long to find my way to Him. 24 years without His assurance and love was a waste of time. That's my one regret. So today I count my blessings and say to all that despite the drudgery of this last year, this is still a beautiful world and My God has blessed me beyond what I deserve.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment