Sunday, July 30, 2017

When God Calls, It's the Right Time 7/30/2017

Good Morning,

I pray that as you read this, you find peace in your heart today and joy from heaven. My mug was just filled with some very hot some Sunrise In Door County Coffee. It is a beautiful morning to be outside on the patio to write and reflect.

I saw God at work over the last few weeks and He called on two men to answer His call. One man will pack up him and his family and move on to serve in another church in another state. This is bittersweet for me. I rejoice when God calls and people are obedient to the call, and I expected nothing less from this dear friend. God has a plan and this man and his family are part of it. What makes this bitter is that although we will keep in touch, he won't be there in our lives and be able to share in the ministry we have enjoyed together. He will pray for us and we will pray for him, but it won't be the same. But I am so proud of him for saying yes to the call of God.

Isaiah 41:9-12New International Version (NIV)
I took you from the ends of the earth,
    from its farthest corners I called you.
I said, ‘You are my servant’;
    I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
11 “All who rage against you
    will surely be ashamed and disgraced;
those who oppose you
    will be as nothing and perish.
12 Though you search for your enemies,
    you will not find them.
Those who wage war against you
    will be as nothing at all.

The other man I am speaking of is younger and received a call that I have been praying for. This young fella received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior a few years ago, but never really followed up. His spiritual growth was small, if any. But yesterday, he answered God's call to go forward and be baptized by immersion, following in the steps of Jesus. I know his parents are relieved and pleased. I know that when Rene and I heard about it we both rejoiced. But most of all God is pleased that this young man answered the call from Him on his own and was obedient to the call.





Friends, answering God when He calls on you is not always convenient to us. It at times requires a leap of faith and at times a crisis of faith. For one of these it was knowing that God was calling. He is new to these things. There is always peer pressure for young and old alike. Do I? Should I? Then there is the logistical crisis of faith. Uproot the kids? Sell the home? Pack all of our stuff and move? Minister to new people?

When we answer God's call and are obedient to Him, we are taking a step of faith and He is there to calm fears, provide housing, and walk with us into the water, walk us into a new church and guide our every step.

We should not be afraid to answer when God calls. He never leaves us nor forsakes us. Is God calling on you today to step up or step out? What will your answer be?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment