Monday, July 31, 2017

Seeing Beyond The Glasses 7/31/2017

Good Morning,

Monday arrived right on time and I knew it was coming. I prepared for it though, with one great weekend prior to it's arrival.
I just filled my mug with Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee. I grabbed a handful of grapes and an orange for breakfast. I would say that once I pray, I am set for today.



I added a picture of four glasses that have held many a beverage. There once was a set of eight. It is now down to four. What makes these four special are that they once belonged to my parents and before them a great aunt of ours. I cleaned them up and filled one with fresh water and a few ice cubes. I looked at the glass and as usual my mind wandered back in time to when those glasses were used at the dinner table by those I love, but are gone now. The glasses aren't important, but those who used them or will use them now are what is important.

I drank some of the refreshing water and then paused for a moment to thank God for everyone who I had just remembered. I for one feel that I was blessed with a wonderful family past and present. I thanked God for the memories and the upbringing I had. I asked God to bless those who are with me now.

Psalm 9:1New International Version (NIV).
I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart;    I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.

I think that all too often we just think that we were planted into a family. God knew which family we would be born into and what impact they would have on us. I forget to thank Him for knowing who and what I would need in my life to become the me that I am. What are you thankful for? Have you thanked God?

Marty

3 comments: