Monday, July 17, 2017

Ode To The Outhouse 7/17/2017


Good Morning,

How many cups of Door County Cherry Crème Coffee will it take to warm me up this morning? For some reason I have a chill that I cannot shake. Here's to warming up.



Yesterday Rene and I went to shore of Lake Michigan with four close friends o watch the Milwaukee Air Show. We went to a quaint little park that we have frequented before. The highlight of the day besides the feast the six of us put on for each other was to see the US Navy Blue Angels perform their precision flying show.

I am not sure that the county planned on that many people showing up to the park, There were more people then I have ever seen down there. The restrooms are portable potty toilets. It wasn't very long before the toilets were filled to capacity. Everyone needed to use the porta potty. I am a grown man and even for me the use of the facility was to say the least a nasty experience. One certainly did not want any of that sludge to spill on to you and the experience of just being in there was enough to scar you for life. But we all survived to come home and shower off the day. We all avoided those portable toilets like they had the plague. It was a number one goal!

Jeremiah 2:22New International Version (NIV)
22 Although you wash yourself with soap
    and use an abundance of cleansing powder,
    the stain of your guilt is still before me,”
declares the Sovereign Lord

Wouldn't it be nice though if we avoided other things that are wrong or not good for us, like we avoid an overfilled outhouse? Just a little bit of that stuff splashing on me or worse yet my wallet falling in would have ruined my whole day. But do we avoid a little gossip the same way? Do we avoid telling a lie the same way. Those things tarnish us with the stain of sin. Do we try our best to not fall into the trap of easy to find sins?

Human waste belongs in the porta potty. All sin should belong there also and needs to be avoided at all cost. Just saying!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment