Tuesday, July 25, 2017

A Man Who Walks With God Always.... 7/25/2017

Good Morning,
Hard at it already on a Tuesday and I feel like my Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee is more of a celebration than a morning beverage. I am celebrating the homecoming of a loved one today. Glad to be here.

I have heard men say that they are looking for direction in life. Roy Lessin wrote, "A man who walks with God is always moving in the right direction" There is no doubt in my mind that God is always the One who leads in the dance of life. It's when we try to lead outside of His will that we end up stumbling over our own feet.



We always need to seek the will of God and then walk with Him in it. A person who does this, is always headed in the right direction, on a well illuminated path. God leads us correctly because His name is at stake if He doesn't.

Psalm 23New International Version (NIV)
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.

Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;

your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever
I never worry when I am on God's path. I do however worry when I get on a path that has too much of my ideas on it. When I find myself trying to convince God that my idea should be His I am in deep trouble. Trouble that needs to be avoided. If we say "The Lord is my Shepherd we should line up and follow. A sheep that gets into the leadership role can lead others astray. A smart person knows when they are on God's right path and sticks with it.
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment