Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Fruit On The Table 7/12/2017

Good Morning,

May this day begin for you with prayer and time spent reading your Bible. My mug of Door County In Keepers Blend Coffee joined me as I prayed and studied. Great way to start a day!



I have been told and actually know that in order to be healthy a good diet of fruit, dairy, vegetables and nuts with some meat is the best way to go. As for me I do pretty well with the nuts in my diet and the meat, but to be honest I can pass on a lot of the fruits that are offered. I have my favorites and apples rank number one. I like them dried just the same way that I like to eat cherries. But to sit down and eat a bowl filled with a variety of fruits just doesn't work for me. Someone always ruins a good bowl of fruit with an apricot or melon.

Galatians 5:22-23New International Version (NIV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

But on the other hand, God desires for us to have a Spiritual Bowl of fruit daily. He expects us to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. In order to do that we have to admit that we are spiritual and must be in tune to the Holy Spirit. Sin will keep us from living to our full spiritual potential. It is hard to listen to the Holy Spirit when our hearts are full of the world's garbage.

If we are to experience the fruit of the Spirit we must walk in it. This means we are to be obedient to the laws of God and obedient to any call from God on our lives. Disobedience leaves us with wormed fruit. We cannot experience the fruit of the Spirit if we are in sin and practicing disobedience.

Galatians 5:24-26New King James Version (NKJV)
24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

When we walk in the flesh instead of the Spirit we leave the stench of rottenness wherever we are. Our life is not one of peace, love, joy, or kindness. We quit easily and we lack self control.

What's on your table today? Are you experiencing a full bowl of the Holy Spirit? Or are you dining on wanna be fruit? Imitation at best? Or are you dining on the Fruit Of The Spirit?

Walk away from the buffet the world has for you and engage with the Holy Spirit. He is there 24/7. He desires for you to walk with Him and dine on righteousness.

Have a great day!

Marty


1 comment: