Thursday, July 20, 2017

Just A Chance Meeting 7/20/2017

Good Morning,

Wow where has July gone to? I am starting this day with a big cup of Door County Jingle Bell Java Coffee a hand full of grapes and one small Clementine orange. What a nice way to start a day.



Last night I attended a meeting at church and before I headed for home I checked my telephone for messages. I had received one from my Dear Friend Steve. He is finishing out his time in a sporting goods store. The store is going out of business and I had asked him to let me know when one item was finally marked down to it's rock bottom price. The message he sent  let me know that rock bottom arrived. I stopped by the store to make the sale and when I walked in it felt like I was attending a wake. What used to be a very busy store was now a mess of stuff they are still trying to sell before the door closes. The workers are mourning the loss of their jobs and even though I was going to spend some money there it was not going to save their jobs. I actually felt like a crow picking over a dead carcass on the road. My heart went out to those who would be without a job soon. I said a silent prayer for them.

I never believe that things just happen. I believe that every appointment is a divine meeting. While completing my sale a young lady waked over and Steve introduced me to the store manager. You could see the numbness in her eyes as she kept surveying the store and I could tell that this job loss was really knocking her for a loop. We chatted and I stated my sorrow for their bad experience. The Holy Spirit led me to ask this mother of two if it would be ok if I prayed for her right there in the store. She responded with a wholehearted yes. I prayed for God's direction, peace and provisions for her life. I knew right then and there that this was a God appointment.

I decided many years ago that when I know someone is in need of prayer now, there is no time like the present to pray. It would have been completely wrong to say "I will be praying for you" and then leave and maybe remember to pray for her and the others. Just plain wrong anyway you look at it. I don't know if I will ever see her again or not. But for that short moment she knew someone cared and it wasn't just me. God joined us for that time.

Matthew 18:20New International Version (NIV)
20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

God used this bad situation to let this little lady know through a stranger that she is loved .

Jeremiah 29:11New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Never be in too much of a hurry and miss a God appointment.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment