Saturday, July 22, 2017

A Drink Of Da Coffee. 7/22/2017

Good Morning,

This morning started early and the day will run long into the night. I am looking forward to a great weekend with friends and family. Door County Blackberry Shortcake Coffee will soon be swirling in my mug.



A long time ago when our grandson was a toddler he approached me one morning while we were visiting the family. He said to me "Are You Going to have a drink of da coffee Papa? Mom made that for you." I can hardly look at my coffee cup without hearing those words in my mind. He is much older now and we haven't seen him since last December and it looks like it won't be until this coming December when we will see him again.

I remember a lot of that day and I cherish that phrase because I know that cup of coffee came from the heart of our daughter. Times were tough for her but she made sure that her old man had a cup of coffee. And that little guy was going to make sure I drank it. They are doing very well these days and I look forward to seeing them again in December. But I will always remember the cup of coffee that came from the heart.

Ecclesiastes 11English Standard Version (ESV)
11 Cast your bread upon the waters,
    for you will find it after many days.
Give a portion to seven, or even to eight,
    for you know not what disaster may happen on earth.

When you give, do you give from the heart? Do you sow without expecting a return, just trusting God?

Marty
 





No comments:

Post a Comment