Thursday, July 13, 2017

Hot Weather, Cool Water 7/13/2017

Good Morning,

My mug is holding some Door County Blackberry Shortcake Coffee, our dog is next to me, it must be time to write.



Last night in our town the weather was hot and humid. It's here and a lot of people enjoy it. I for one am a fall season kind of guy with an affection for light snow.

I had some chores to perform last night and while doing the work I soon worked up a heavy sweat and a horrendous thirst. I knew a big glass of sweet peach tea with a dozen ice cubes would be waiting for me when I came inside for the night.
My wife took one look at me and said "one glass of tea and then off to the shower". I felt like a five year old boy being chased to the tub and then told to go to bed. I replied "Yes Mother" and took off for a shower.

My body welcomed the shower and before too long I found myself turning the water temperature to cold. That cold water was so refreshing and it cooled my body down. I felt myself begin to relax and my brain was ready to sit down with some more tea and read my Bible. I always like to read and study for a half an hour to an hour every night. But I wasn't ready for it earlier. I needed to clean up, clear my head and then read and consult with God. Then He could rain on me.

Deuteronomy 32:2
"Let my teaching drop as the rain, My speech distill as the dew, As the droplets on the fresh grass And as the showers on the herb

So what is my goal in writing today. Time spent with God is truly important. Being ready to devote the time is equally important. I needed to clean up, stop working  and cool down. The time spent wasn't rushed to completion. It was done when it was done. As much as my body needed a shower I also needed God to shower me with wisdom, love, affection and assurance. His Word is like a refreshing rain on a hot day. Are you overheated today with stress or cares? Cool off, slow down and let God rain on you. Open your Bible and fellowship with Him.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment